We have a history of sustainability, and we’re passionate about protecting the environment, including locally in Kansas City. Whether that’s through our own business practices or creating energy-saving products, we strive to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help enhance the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll see the benefits no matter the season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 offers the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with recommendations based on each climate. The options below give our best energy efficiency and protection from the sun and temperatures year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 features three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses insulating double-pane glass with two coats of Low-E thermal protection. This glass also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to increase energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also offers insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made using three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This glass blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to improve your energy efficiency.
Visit your Kansas City Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass styles or our best product for the Kansas City region.
How Energy Efficient are Your Windows?
You can figure your energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – multiple layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between the glass panes to give extra insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home when it’s hot and inside the room when it’s cold; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Pella Innovation for Kansas City Area Home
We’ve provided features to help our products increase your energy efficiency, including:
- Various combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- One-of-a-kind snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to lessen the possibility of seal failure
Find out more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.