When it’s your year to host the family for the holidays in Overland Park, it is normal to be a little stressed. As a million questions run through your mind and the unknown of how you’ll get everything done emerges, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
No matter if you are having five or 50 people over for the holidays, these tips will help ensure your celebrations are safe and enjoyable for all—even you, the host!
- A storage-packed island will give you maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. Everyone can help chop up veggies, cook up a storm and utilize pull out counter tops for hot dishes. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies makes it easy to clear away the after-dinner mess so you can relax with loved ones.
- The holidays are the perfect time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. This space can really set the celebratory mood for your whole home. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch abound.
- Before the holidays is the perfect time to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Overland Park to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and comfortable holiday.
- The winter months are the perfect time to add a little life to your décor. Through the brisk season in Overland Park, it can be difficult to find rich colors other than your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need a kids’ table or just need extra chairs, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about an inviting area to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Popular opinion says holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food completes the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Overland Park every year. If you don’t like cooking, put your effort into searching for festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- Now is the perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. It’s easy to be forgetful, especially during busy holidays. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- Asthe one of the most untouched areas of most homes, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you love a festive, themed table or a simple setting, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows there are endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. Make use of your untouched space and add tables, chairs or even a storage bench. Make this a special space for your family to enjoy the holidays, and spend time together throughout the year.
- Last, no matter how many projects you complete before the holidays, give yourself time with your loved ones. Use your skills to create a humble abode for all. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Overland Park than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more help making your holiday season a little more cozy for your friends and family, stop in to see our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in our Overland Park showroom or reach us at 913-246-5101.