Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a wonderful way to add value to your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Remember these do’s and don’ts to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the appropriate way:
- Research to make sure you are hiring the right contractor. Browse reviews online, reach out to others for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor has the lowest bid.
- Identify your kitchen must-haves—is energy efficiency important to you? Have a particular finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Figure out what the most sensible floor plan would be for your kitchen space. Keep it functional and efficient with adequate storage and countertop space that meets your needs and the needs of your house. What do you want to get out of the space? What do you like to use the kitchen for most frequently? Cooking? Entertaining? Gathering with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Have them in a safe place to submit when filing your taxes or to use if you decide to sell your home in the future.
- Focus only on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most important things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen running efficiently for a long time.
- Forget stick with the budget! Stay on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are most important to you. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unpredictable costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to consider windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can pull together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they allow light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are thinking about replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 913-246-5101, visit our Overland Park showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you select the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.