Winter weather is just around the corner in Overland Park and when the temperature drops, the energy bills can often surge. There are several things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial all year long, here are several of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Overland Park winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can sneak in and impact your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella Overland Park professionals a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to produce a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to enter into your home. Consult with a professional to fix these issues before the colder temperatures hit Overland Park.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Overland Park a call at 913-246-5101 or visit our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.