Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the ambiance that guests have when entering your Overland Park home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are ready to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just eager for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and call for a few things to remember. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to consider before you choose the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finalize the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and harmonious, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, proper lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The function of greenery near a doorway can also make a wonderful first impression. Plants can draw attention to particular door details and divert attention away from other unfriendly parts of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can add a lot to a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can get a major facelift.
Welcome guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a great first impression. Stop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Overland Park, give them a call at 913-246-5101 or arrange an appointment online to work through all the selections for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.